How many schools are there in Abu Dhabi?

How many schools are there in Abu Dhabi?

How many schools are there in Abu Dhabi? The answer is short:

There are 369 schools in Abu Dhabi.

There are a total of 369 schools in Abu Dhabi. 285 are public schools and 84 are private schools.

The pupil breakdown by level is:

  • Primary – 219,826
  • Intermediate – 109,281
  • Secondary – 45,766

The location breakdown by level is:

  • Urban – 216,871 (58%)
  • Semi-urban – 83,495 (22%)
  • Rural – 68,632 (20%)

The number of pupils in government schools is 85,000 while the number of pupils in private schools is 33,000.

In government schools, there are 85,000 pupils in Abu Dhabi. Then again, private schools have 33,000 pupils.

The higher number of pupils in government schools is because there are more of them. Government schools are free and open to all. Private schools are not free and cater to a smaller number of pupils.

The breakdown of these numbers by grade level is shown in the following table.

The breakdown of these numbers by grade level is shown in the following table. It shows a total of 325,000 pupils in government and private schools combined. In total, 16,000 pupils are enrolled in grade 12. The number of students at private schools was greater than those at government schools from grade 1 to grade 9. Grade 10 had more students at government schools than at private schools; however, grades 11 and 12 had more students at private schools than government ones.

There are a total of 369 schools in Abu Dhabi, including 285 government and 84 private schools.

There are a total of 369 schools in Abu Dhabi, including 285 government and 84 private schools. The total number of students enrolled in these schools as of 2011 is around 244,000.

Out of the 285 government schools, 245 are boys-only, 38 are girls-only and 2 are coeducational. There are around 217,000 pupils in these government schools. On the other hand, out of the 84 private schools, only 21% (17) provide education to girls while the remaining 79% (67) provide education to boys. Around 27,000 pupils have been counted as part of private schooling.

read next: 6 qualifications you need in order to teach in Dubai

Share:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Posts

Top 7 Best Web Development Frameworks

Top 7 Best Web Development Frameworks Introduction Web development frameworks are the foundation of any web application. They provide the necessary functionality to build fast,